Are you looking for a venue to host one of life’s most meaningful events?
The celebration of a loved one’s life, a wake.
At Surfers Paradise Golf Club we appreciate that this moment in life is stressful and upsetting and organising a wake can be very difficult.
Our team will ensure the whole process is as effortless and straightforward as possible for you.
And you can be confident that your guests are relaxed and comfortable in a beautiful environment, suitable for reflexion.
For more information contact our functions manager:
Phone: (07) 55726088
This check list below may assist when planning a wake.
- Inform friends and family of the passing of the loved one.
- Let the funeral home know when you wish to have the wake.
- Display a guest book for people to sign. Have someone prepared to be with the guest book and greet individuals as they arrive.
- Gather pictures of the deceased for display. Some pictures may be set in frames or in a collage.
- Others may be prepared in a multi-media program.
- Bring mementos or other items of importance to the deceased and family.
- Plan on being present during the entire time of the wake to greet guests and support the immediate family.
- Provide beverages and light snacks for the family and close friends. If the wake is held away from the funeral home and in a less formal setting alcoholic beverages are often accepted.